Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Reconnecting with Simplicity (Revised)



Palma De Mallorca, Spain is a major city and port on the island of Majorca. Majorca is an island located in the Mediterranean Sea and is teh largest island in the Balearic Islands archipelago, in Spain. Like many of the other islands, including Ibiza, Minorca, and Formentera, it is an extremely popular holiday destination. Particularly for tourists from Germany, Ireland, Poland and the United Kingdom. There are hundreds of caves around the island, most of which have been made into tourist destinations. One of the most popular caves is Las Cuevas del Drach. For 14 euros you can walk the 25 meters through the entire cave. 
I have been lucky enough to go to Mallorca every summer for the past 10 years. About 5 years my sisters and I visited Las Cuevas del Drach. After walking through the cave we decided to to explore the area. After about 10 minutes of hiking away from the famous caves we came across this cala (in the photo). Not many people know about this spot and if you go there at any given time you may find one or two people swimming or sunbathing. Perhaps it is because I have had so many great memories in this particular spot that I have such a strong emotional response to this photograph. Besides the obvious beauty and tranquility that is depicted in the picture, I find that this picture makes me think of everything good in my life. We tend to get very caught up in life and school, but this picture puts everything into perspective and reconnects me with the simplicity of life. This may just be a pretty picture to someone else, but I think that because of my amazing personal experiences there, in some way it’s the only place that hasn’t been tainted by the struggles and emotions of everyday life.

1 comment:

  1. You made it personal and it helps for readers to see it from your perspective. There's some grammatical errors but that could be easily fixed. I think you could potentially add more background information about Palma De Mallorca also.

    ReplyDelete